Participate in the SL9B Community Event!
It’s that time of year when we celebrate the anniversary of Second Life!
This year Linden Lab isn’t sponsoring the birthday celebrations so we thought we’d do it ourselves! We will have 10 sims of builds and stages and fun and freebies and we hope you will be part of the festivities. You can volunteer to create your own celebratory plot, Exhibitors are invited to show off their community and its special nature to others.
You might prefer to join the team of Greeters welcoming all the visitors and handing out gifts, helping find locations, mentoring any newcomers who might need extra help and making the party happen. Maybe you’d rather join the rock concert atmosphere and be a Stage Manager or you are a DJ or Live Performerand would like to share your talent from one of our stages. Others of you might be interested in Security or Public Relations or want to share your passion and knowledge hosting a discussion or presentation in our Auditorium. We’re looking for your energetic participation in all of these roles.
You are invited to signup for one or more of these areas (yes, you can volunteer for everything if you like). Please keep the following points in mind:
- This event will run from June 18th through June 24th.
- The sims will be rated General – so please recognize the need to keep your enthusiasm within the bounds of the Terms of Service.
- Orientation and Training will be provided for many of the roles. Expect that some time will be required prior to the event for that purpose.
- Make sure you have read the Event Policies before completing the forms.
- There are four sign up forms; Volunteers (Greeters, Stage Managers, Security, Public Relations); Performers (DJ’s and Live); Exhibitors andAuditorium Bookings. You must complete each form applicable to your interests (if you wish to participate in all the roles then you must fill out and submit each of the forms).
- If you have any problems with the forms please send a message to SL9BVolunteerCoordinator@gmail.com
Thank you for Volunteering! We look forward to having you be part of this great event.